Sunday, September 20, 2009

About me



Welcome to my ultimate fitness blog, my name is Uy, I've been active most of my life, from competitive sports to weight training, but it seem there is something missing, I would get bored and loss my motivation, platueing and not gaining, and worse yet powerlifting and neglecting my flexibility which lead to numerous injuries while competiting in sports and then I started CrossFit and I was fascinated and was immediately drawn to the fun, functional fitness, the challenge of the intensity fitness programs; because it showed significant results not seen with other workouts and wish had done it all along or had coaching when I was competing in H.S, college or any organized sports.
I am working fulltime with a 7on-7off schedule, so keeping my workout and training on a 3 day on a 1 day off during my work week can be a challenge. But nevertheless, I will forged on. So, currently doing my own training and WOD (workout of the day) whenever and wherever; in my house here in Kent WA,garage gym, park, work, office and pretty much anywhere that has a surface because I believe functional fitness is realworld fitness not strap behind a machine. I believe that you can get a world class fitness level training in your garage or lose weight and stay fit or in great shape by doing exercises at home, during break from work, behind your desk, in the park or anywhere you find the urge to do exercise, because I am believer in any kind of activities are better than none and you absolutely don't have to say "I will workout when I join a particular club" I say to you " NO! It's non sense" because exercise can be done practically anywhere, you just have to be creative, be a kid again. Nevertheless, it is not the club that deter you from exercising it is your mind set.

I am always reading,learning and at the same time training and teaching my family and friends and but also very passionate about teaching movement, wellness, functional fitness, performance, nutrition, and eating strategy to anyone who are commited to a healthy lifestyle. And it is my hope to introduce CrossFit, Functional Fitness to everyone who seeks to have fun, challenge and improve their strength and fitness to live a healthy lifestyle, perform effectively on their job or raise their fitness to the next level.

My other activities:
Aside from loving functional fitness and Crossfit, I enjoy fishing, hiking, biking, motorcycle, snowboarding,basketball, soccer, softball, watching and practicing MMA and as well as reading and eating.
My Academia:
BS in Psychology/Biology with heath/fitness emphasis
AA in Nursing
Level 1 Crossfit Certified trainer, CPR/AED Certified
I also volunteer in weight training for Special Olympic.
My passion:
My ultimate professional goal is transforming lives through fitness and community.
My ultimate career goals are to be the best trainer and have my own a studio box.
My ultimate crossfit goal is to compete in the Crossfit Game.
My ultimate personal goal is when I'm 80 y.o. that I can still be able some pullups.

My Profile
5'7" 175lbs
DL:
Bsquat:
Overhead:
Bench Press:
Clean:
mx pullups:
mx ring dips:
mx bar muscle up:
1 mile:
L sit hold:
pushups:
Hspu:
situps 1min:
400 m run:

No comments:

Post a Comment