Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yeah.. Got myself a dumbbell set and a white board project

Yeah.. Today I picked up a set dumbbell for a pretty good price, from 10lbs to 40 lbs in 5lbs increment plus a rack. Had to travel far but it's well worth the price and it's practically new, and ofcourse ready for my crossfit dumbbell exercises.. thrusters, pushup rows, pushups, flys, you name it, we got an excercise for it.
I also did a white board project, because I was very frustrated of not able to find a decent white board for me to use. So true to me, I went out and make my own white board.
material/cost
2x3 Plexiglass home depot cost $14 (bigger cost more)
white plastic spray paint (3)
4 screws.. free from my tool box

Instruction:
First drill four hole in four corners with the plastic protection sheet on
Peel the back end of the plexiglass, its good to drill on a scrap piece of wood and then spray the back and let it sit to dry. It is also good to slant the board on the scrap board to the paint won't pool if you spray too much. Just a thin layer will do and spray more if needed.
put it up in on your wall.
There you have.. very simple and much slicker and easy to clean than your regular white board.
one more tip: If you have a permanent marker on the board, clean it with.. you guess it gasoline.( car engine cleanner) but dont mix it with anything flammable.

No comments:

Post a Comment