Saturday, February 27, 2010

1 mile run day wod day

I started my work week but that does not mean I will stop progressing, doing the wod or practicing form. I brought my wooden stick to work and of course practicing and vocalizing all key performance points of the foundational movements. It is quite a work out in itself if you are just practicing the movement. I also did alot of study up and putting together a beginner package and on ramp curriculum.

Point of the Day

They say if you not afraid or have a fear for your work out, you are not doing it right or perhaps you are plateuing or boring or lack of intensity and hence lack overall improvement in fitness. In another word, you can run and run and run until your body burned out but yet no gain, why? Because you running intensity has been overcame by your body adapation and this will lead to plateu and decline in performance. So, a mile run seem to be an easy thing right? Well, for me it isn't, sure most people can do a mile with ease, you can go on the track and pace yourself out for a mile or run a mile and call it, but if you truely want to build intensity and challenge yourself or to create that greater neuro adaptation, a mile run can be tackled or done in different angle to challenge your body, of what crossfit called it constant varied intensity, for continue adaptation.

Today, for me, sprint the first lap as quick as you can, try to do it in a min then ran the rest for under 6 min. Now, that mile just got added a new dimension and sure will get you a work out. Go give it a try and i m confident you will look at your running routine with fear and jitter.

There are so many dimension that one can implement to break that plateuing effect
My next dimension of my mile is to run the first 3/4 and sprint the last 1/4.
sprint, run, sprint
run, sprint, run


My Wod
sprint the first 400 m time it 1. 3 min
ran the rest for a mile time it 6.5min
rest for 4 min and did 20 pullups 2x total of 12 purposeful min of workout.

my goal under 6min mile..

No comments:

Post a Comment