Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally my first muscle up..wait my 5 in a row muscle up and how you to can do a muscle up

Finally after months of training for a muscle up, I finally done it not 1 but 5 in a row and 2 sets. Now a muscle up is a combination of a pullup and dip in one. It is one of the hardest if not the hardest move one can do and not to many can do this. So it is liberating to know the I conquered this quest.

My training for it:
Try to work your way toward at least 20 pullups and 20 dips ( ring dips are best) in a row
next up work on how fast you can do it in 1 min this will work on your power that require to do a muscle up. Consistently train to do 20 pullups and 20 dips every other day and many set as you can. Also do some reverse dip on the bar. And the technique of over the bar hand grip as well as quick burst of a pullup. There you have it, now go out and play.

My next project will be video taping on how I train for muscle up at different parks in and around Seattle area that have pullup bars. It's sort of like a park guide to crossfit friendly park and/or how to train for a muscle up.

And another project will be traveling and doing crossfiting in other part of world, mine will be Vietnam when I travel there this coming April. Doing my crossfiting in strange places..haha..should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment