Thursday, February 18, 2010

practice practice.. 9 foundational movements..

Being a good athlete does not always translate to being a good coach or trainer. Far from it! So I set myself to learn as much as I can, absorb all the teaching skills and master all key foundational movements of crossfit. These are; squat, front squat, overhead squat, shoulder press, push presh, push jerk, deadlift, sumo high pull dl, med ball clean. additional movements; pullups, dips, muscle ups, snatch, power and oly clean and others.. these are some of most technical movements that one can mastered. And be able to teach others about these movements is even more technical, I know that it can't happen over night, I know that it's a learning and practicing process, I know that my teaching skills can be honed and sharpened through practice. I believe that with my unwavering passion,determination and love for crossfit and coaching, passing on what's crossfit is all about to others, that I will put my athletes above all, that I will not short change or undermine their development and abilities or full potential of being fit and healthy because I have not done my homework or practice or teaching the technicals. With this writing to remind myself that I have lots to learn, but yet confident in my abilities that I will make the best out of my athlete.

My profile: 1RMax for today (shouldn't have done all this in a single session, dont do what I do..haha)
DL 350lbs (3 300,3 330, 3 340, 2 345, 1 350)
Bench press 230 lbs ( 5 205, 5 225, 1 230)
Back squat: 300 ( 5 250, 3 275, 2 295, 1 300)
Pullups: 30
L Sit: 30sec
Pushups: 90, Ring pushups: 35
Ring Dips: 30
Hang straight Leg raises: 21
Power Clean: 185lb

No comments:

Post a Comment