Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yeah.. finally..score some metal plates for Christmas!!

Well, a must have for doing strength conditioning for Crossfit; metal plates, preferably rubber plates, so you can drop the weight, but to start with little investment, Oly metal plates is the way to go. Well I have been searching for the Oly plates for sometime now on CL, and everytime I seem to find good deals, it got snatched up before i got my hand on them. I think the main reason is these local sport stores are hoging all of them, its their job to look for deals, buy it and resell them for a profit. It's kind of annoying but I guess its free interprise. But anyrate back to excitment of my very first Oly plates, I mean 400lbs worth of plates for 120 bones, what a score. I think the reason i got them some cheap is because they are a little rusted, but heck a little time invested, and a paint job, it will be on my barbell in no time. So I am very excited and can't wait to do some deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks and some bench presses. Ideally I would like to later replace these with rubber plates, but for the mean time, I dig metals!

No comments:

Post a Comment